His Holiness, Kirill, Patriarch of Moscow & All Russia
The Patriarch is the Primate of our church, but unlike Roman Catholicism he is not alone for he is a part of the Ecumenical Council of all Orthodox Churches worldwide. The Patriarchs, and in some cases of autocephalous churches, Metropolitans, administer the churches as the Original Apostles did adhering to the command of Christ. Furthermore each of our Patriarchs, Bishops, Priests, and Deacons can trace their ordinations back though an unbroken chain to one of the Apostles, this is referred to as Apostolic Succession.
The Most Reverend Justinian
Archbishop of Naro-Fominsk
Administrator of the Patriarchal Parishes in
the United States of America
Birth Date: 28 January 1961 Monastic Tonsure: 24 March 1988 г.
Consecrated Bishop: 1 September 1995 Angel Day: 27 November
- Born in the town, Kosterov of the Vladimir Region (oblast).
- In 1978 graduated high school, in 1983 – History Faculty of the Ivanovsk State University.
- From July, 1983 through July, 1984 served obedience as senior subdeacon for Bishop Ambrose (Shurov) of Ivanovsk and Kineshemsk. In 1984 entered into the Moscow Theological Seminary
- 1985-1986 served in the ranks of the Soviet Army
- 1986-1988 served as senior subdeacon for the Rector of the Moscow Theological Academy and Seminary, Bishop Alexander (Timofeyev) of Dmitrovsk.
- Pascha, 1988 ordained a deacon, July 26 ordained a hieromonk (priest-monk)
- From 1988 studied at the Theological Institute of Bucharest (Roumania), from which he graduated in 1992 with a master’s degree in Theology.
- In 1991 associate of the Department of External Church Affairs
- From June, 1991 to Nov. 18, 1992 served as senior priest of the Holy Trinity Cathedral in Kalinin.
- In 1992 was elevated to the rank of Igumen
- From Nov. 18, 1992 through 1995 served as Rector of Ascension Cathedral in Tver
- September 1, 1995 in the Moscow Donskoy Monastery was consecrated Bishop of Dubossarsk, Vicar of the Kishinev diocese (Moldova).
- October 6, 1998 was appointed Bishop of the newly restored Diocese of Tiraspol and Dubossarsk (Moldova)
- February 25, 2008 was elevated to the rank of Archbishop